Safe Dating Tips
When it comes to meeting new people on Blazr, excitement is natural, but caution is essential. You should always prioritize your safety and use your best judgment when interacting with someone you don’t know. Whether you’re exchanging initial messages or planning to meet in person, it’s important to take precautions to ensure that you stay safe during your Blazr experience. While you can’t control the actions of others, there are steps you can take to help protect yourself.
Never send money, especially over wire transfer, even if the person claims to be in an emergency. Wiring money is like sending cash — it’s nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace where the money went. Never share information that could be used to access your financial accounts. If another user asks you for money, report it to us immediately.
For tips on avoiding romance scams, check out some advice from the U.S Federal Trade Commission on the FTC website or in the video below.
Keep Password Secure, Do Not Share Sensitive Information
Never provide your bank, payment, or personal inforamtion to anyone
Blazr Community Policies
Protect Your Personal Information
- Never share personal information such as your social security number, home or work address, or details about your daily routine with people you don’t know.
- Limit the information that you share about your children on your profile and in early communications.
- Avoid sharing details such as your children’s names, where they go to school, or their ages or genders.
Stay on the Platform
- Keep conversations on Blazr while you’re getting to know someone.
- Be cautious of users with bad intentions who try to move the conversation to text, messaging apps, email, or phone right away.
Be Wary of Long Distance and Overseas Relationships
- Watch out for scammers who claim to be from your country but stuck somewhere else, especially if they ask for financial help to return home.
- Be wary of anyone who will not meet in person or talk on a phone/video call.
- If someone is avoiding your questions or pushing for a serious relationship without meeting or getting to know you first, that’s a red flag.
Report All Suspicious and Offensive Behavior
- Block and report anyone that violates Blazr’s terms.
- Examples of violations include requests for money or donations, underage users, harassment, threats, and offensive messages, inappropriate or harmful behavior during or after meeting in person, fraudulent profiles, and spam or solicitation.
- You can report any concerns about suspicious behavior from any profile page or messaging window or by emailing email@example.com
Protect Your Account
- Pick a strong password, and always be careful when logging into your account from a public or shared computer.
- Blazr will never send you an email asking for your username and password information.
- If you’re logging in using your phone number, do not share your SMS code with anyone.
Meeting in Person
- Take your time and get to know the other person before agreeing to meet or chat off Blazr.
- Meet for the first few times in a populated, public place.
- Tell a friend or family member of your plans, including when and where you’re going.
- Be in control of your transportation.
- Be aware of the effects of drugs or alcohol on you specifically.
- Don’t leave drinks or personal items unattended.
- It’s okay to end the date early if you’re feeling uncomfortable.
- Be careful while traveling and research the cannabis and dating laws around you when you travel to a new place.
- In the event that you’re in unsafe territory, we suggest that you log out of or temporarily remove your Blazr app while you are there.
Sexual Health & Consent
- When used correctly and consistently, condoms can significantly reduce the risk of contracting and passing on STIs like HIV.
- Not all STIs show symptoms, and you don’t want to be in the dark about your status.
- Communication is everything: Before you get physically intimate with a partner, talk about sexual health and STI testing.
- All sexual activity must start with consent and should include ongoing check-ins with your partner.
Resources for Help, Support, or Advice
- Report any incidents to Blazr and consider reaching out to resources for help or support.
- If you feel you are in immediate danger or need emergency assistance, call 911 or your local law enforcement agency.
Remember — even if you follow these tips, no method of risk reduction is perfect. If you have a negative experience, please know that it is not your fault and help is available. Report any incidents here, and consider reaching out to one of the resources below. If you feel you are in immediate danger or need emergency assistance, call 911 (U.S. or Canada) or your local law enforcement agency.
RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Hotline
1-800-656-HOPE (4673) I online.rainn.org I www.rainn.org
1-800-230-7526 I www.plannedparenthood.org
National Domestic Violence Hotline
1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 I www.thehotline.org
National Human Trafficking Hotline
1-888-373-7888 or text 233733 I www.humantraffickinghotline.org
National Sexual Violence Resource Center
1-877-739-3895 I www.nsvrc.org
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-THE-LOST (843-5678) I www.cybertipline.com
Cyber Civil Rights Initiative
1-844-878-2274 I www.cybercivilrights.org
VictimConnect – Crime Victim Resource Center
1-855-4VICTIM (855-484-2846) I www.victimconnect.org
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center
LGBT National Help Center
1-888-843-4564 I www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org
1-877-565-8860 (US) or 1-877-330-6366 (CA) I www.translifeline.org
Report ALL Bad Behavior
Help us maintain a safe and joyful community for all. Please report any bevaior that goes against our Community Principles or Guidelines.